Lama Sangyay Tendzin, alias Lama Norbu Repa, arrived in France after two decades spent in the Himalayas where he led several socio-cultural projects to help Tibetan nomads in the highlands of QingHai province, in the region called Kham-Nangchen , in eastern Tibet. The experience he lived there was inspired by an authentic motivation of Bodhiccita in application.
In the early 90s, after a dozen years of meditative retreats, Lama created the NCF-Nyi-Thang Charitable Foundation® registered in Hong Kong. It was the very first charitable foundation operating in Kham-Nangchen.
Under the auspices of this foundation, Lama Sangyay Tendzin led many projects to help the poor and the needy:
- Fully furnished dormitories for a hundred students from Drog-Chog school;
- A free mobile clinic and an administrative office in the city of Chumda;
- A complete orphanage that can accommodate 125 children on the mountainous site of Dritog near the city of Yushu;
- Distribution of three hundred tons of Tsampa (the basis of nomadic nutrition) in extreme climatic conditions (40 Celsius below zero);
- Sponsorship programs for the education of poor and needy children.
Inspired and supported by a regular practice of meditation, these programs were completed within five years.
Following these assistance projects, Lama Sangyay Tendzin returned to Europe to initiate "THEG-CHOG NORBU LING®" in order to transmit and promote the teachings of the Tibetan Buddha-dharma.
For the past twenty years, he has combined the practice of Karma Yoga (Yoga in activity) with the study of Dharma and the practice of meditation. This resulted in the creation of a small monastic community of a dozen residents.
More than ever, the humanitarian activity of Lama Sangyay Tendzin remains a reality, yet present in a more subtle form: supported by a group of ten well-trained residents, his interaction with the world takes the form of intensive prayer sessions , meditation supported by traditional Tibetan practices and rituals.
Enhanced by an environmentally friendly lifestyle, the THEG-CHOG NORBU LING® community offers Buddhist religious services to meet the needs of the local community as well as individual requests.
Here is a direct access to the Directory of Services.